Eating sugar is more harmful to your health than you might think. In fact, if you find yourself getting sick often, you should consider your sugar consumption as a possible culprit. Here are some things to consider when it comes to sugar consumption and your health.
Sugary Foods Lack Nutrients
The body needs nutrients in order to function at its best, and this will not be possible if you primarily eat sugary foods. The only nutrients that sugary foods provide are carbohydrates, and these substances have the potential to contribute to weight gain and cause you to consume excess calories. Here are some things that you need to know about the lack of nutrients in sugary foods:
- Antioxidants are found in many fruits and vegetables, but they are not found in most sugary foods. These substances protect your body against free radical damage, and they can reduce your risk of cancer.
- It's essential to make sure that you get all the major vitamins (i.e. A, B, C, D, E). Unfortunately, high-sugar foods often have no vitamins in them at all!
- We all need minerals to ensure our body functions properly, but sugary foods often contain no essential minerals.
Parasites Love Sugar
Here are some reasons why a sugary diet makes parasites more likely to affect you:
- Parasites are more likely to remain in a host who eats a diet high in sugar because the person’s body will contain higher levels of glucose. The parasites digest the glucose and use it as an energy source.
- There are certain types of parasites that are considered sugar-loving, and these creatures love sugar more than other parasitic organisms.
- Getting proper nutrition can make you less prone to parasites. Essential vitamins and minerals are needed to help you fight off parasitic infections, but unfortunately, people who eat a sugary diet typically do not eat properly. This means that individuals with a sugary diet are both more prone to parasites and have a harder time fighting them off.
Sugary Foods Raise Your Risk of Heart Attack and Stroke
Sugary foods contain a large amount of calories that can contribute to weight gain, and obesity is a leading cause of heart attack and stroke. Here are some of the potential health effects that could occur from eating sugary foods and gaining weight:
- Weight gain can cause heart attacks and stroke because fat can build up in arteries, and this can block the heart's blood supply.
- Eating too much sugar could lead to high levels of artery-clogging cholesterol in your system, and this could lead to a heart attack or stroke.
- If you are eating a sugary diet, you may not get enough of nutrients that are necessary for a healthy heart and cardiovascular system.
Sugary Foods Are Full of Artificial Additives
Foods that contain a large amount of sugar are often full of additives, such as food colorings and chemical flavorings. Here are a few examples of additives that you might find in sugary foods:
- Sugar substitutes: While sugary foods are sweet because of natural sugar, some of them also contain sugar substitutes, such as sucralose. These compounds can cause gastric problems.
- High fructose corn syrup: This extremely common artificial sweetener is quite harmful to one's health, and it has been implicated as a major contributor to diabetes and obesity.
- Aspartame: Aspartame is a particularly hazardous cane sugar substitute that is found in some sugary foods, and it is a known contributor to cancer.
- Food dyes: Food dyes can affect a wide range of organ systems, and some of them may even affect brain health.
Excessive Intake of Sugar Can Cause Diabetes
Excessive amounts of sugar is a leading cause of this disease, and here's how it can impact your health:
- If you develop diabetes, your body will not be able to regulate your blood sugar in the same way that it could otherwise. This can result in hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia, either of which can result in death.
- Diabetes can cause a variety of problems that involve a wide range of organ systems, and this can result in serious disease or even death.
- In some cases, diabetes can lead to problems with blood flow to the extremities that can result in amputation.
Kick your sugar habit to the curb and feel better than ever with Sweet Zap! Our all-natural spray temporarily blocks your ability to taste sweet things, helping you retrain your body to crave healthy food. Try it today!